The Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) is currently running a major survey into the costs of International Arbitration. The purpose of this Survey is to gather data to inform parties, legal representatives and arbitrators across the world about the overall costs of international arbitration and how these are incurred at each stage. The deadline to submit comments is Friday, June 24, 2011. To participate in the Survey, click here.
The results of the Survey will be analyzed and presented at an International Conference organized by CIArb and sponsored by Alvarez & Marsal on September 27-28, 2011 in London. Conference topics include:
The Cost of International Arbitration Today
- Background, methodology, responses and a summary of the Survey results
Comments on Current Problems – International Users
- In house counsel by sector including Commercial, Construction, Maritime, Oil & Gas
- Practitioners by profession including Lawyer, Arbitrator, Expert
Solving the Problems – the way forward
- Commencing and Designing the Proceedings
- What is the role for Mediation?
- Documentary Evidence
- Fact Witness Evidence
The second day of the conference will include presentations on
- Expert Evidence
- Witness Conference session (“Hot tub”)
- The Hearing
- The Award
Read more about the conference here.