Risk management training has become one of the most important parts of business risk management operations. Staff need to be fully aware of risk management situations and procedures at both the operational level and for proper conduct of business. This training often also includes related compliance training, both on an industry-specific and organization-specific basis.
The needs for risk management training naturally vary between organizations. It’s important to ensure that risk management training is carefully planned to match organizational needs. It’s possible to “customize” risk management training very effectively using training consultancy support to develop appropriate training programs.
Risk Management Training Structures
Risk management training has to be well structured. The fact is that this training must include operational, commercial and statutory components.
The general training structure is:
• OHS training- This is mandatory, and forms part of the basic risk management operational functions
• Risk management training- This training is tailored to the demands of the workplace, business and any related industrial risk management issues.
• Compliance training- Compliance training includes in depth training for statutory compliance in accordance with organization needs.
• Compliance management systems- These systems are used to ensure effective monitoring, reporting and management of compliance.
• OHS management system training- This is similar to compliance management, based on OHS operations within the organization including reporting, documentation, records management and related issues.
Risk Management Courses and Customized Training
Risk management courses can be created specifically for businesses and even individual risk managers within an organization to any skill level. Customized training covering the spectrum from basic risk management to advanced courses is now considered the best practice approach to creating the perfect risk management skill base. This allows comprehensive, systematic and consistent training according to organization requirements.
Providers of these courses also use their learning management systems in the organizational context. They create good internal information systems which form both a training matrix and an internal knowledge base for organizations. The knowledge base function is critically important- Risk management information must be current to ensure proper compliance and keep compliance management systems up to date and fully functional.
The risk management courses and training also provide direct operational values to organizations for specific risk management roles.
To give an example-
OHS management system records are kept under statutory compliance obligations. Records are required to be kept over relevant statutory periods. OHS management systems therefore need to use offsite backup storage to safeguard OHS system data for compliance. Customized risk management training is keyed to the operational issues related to compliance in context with the organization’s own OHS management systems.
The best risk management systems are integrated with business management systems. The combination of structured risk management training and practical operational customization provides:
• Organization-specific training
• Operational methodologies designed for the organization’s risk management requirements
• A current “same page” knowledge base
• An efficient method of managing risk management training throughout the organization
If your organization wants an efficient risk management training system which provides high value training combined with operational practicalities, these risk management courses are exactly what you need. Explore the possibilities, because you’ll find good solutions.