Arbitration offers many advantages in addressing and resolving disputes, specifically intellectual property disputes.Among these advantages are:
– party control (the parties retain control of the process and issues to be decided to a greater degree than if the matter was submitted to the courts),
– certainty of forum (the risks of inconsistent results can be avoided where intellectual property disputes implicate the laws and procedures of multiple countries),
– speed (arbitration can be faster since it is not hostage to court dockets and calendars),
– control of arbitrator selection (the parties can select arbitrators with particular expertise),
– flexibility (in process and substance),
Join now to enjoy full access to exclusive content, connections, and community…
Don’t have an account? Sign up.
Already a member? Sign in here.